Sunday, October 5, 2008

Ten Blessings

1. I am blessed to know I made a difference in someone's life.
Thank you, Kristin, for your kind words: "Em.. I don't mean to stick you all the time.. lately I just feel like you and I connect on a different level.. not just co-worker, or photographer friend.. or neighbor.. b
ut more like someone who understands and can show and feel true compassion towards the other... or maybe I'm just crazy." You do mean to stick it to me all the time because you know I will always be here, because I will. We do connect on a differenet level. And yes, you ARE crazy...but I love you more for it. You freak. "Blessings for the day: Emily.. my rock right now.. she is always there to lend a hand...open an ear...and share a pizza order... hehehe... ** hugs to you!!" I will always do my best to lend you a hand, my ear is always open and of course I'm there to share pizza...are you kidding me?? Yum. I ♥ you Kristin!!! :)

2.
Enough said.

3. Having enough confidence in the universe that tomorrow will be better


4. Being able to go into Walmart with my daughter, and buying her jelly beans and a
carton of gak...just because.


This was from the most amazing time in my life... I will never, ever forget the time I spent with Madelyn right after she was born. I was in shock. I would give any to go back to those first few days where it was just me and the newborn Madelyn. Simply amazing...
I love being a mother.

5. Buying a second can of gak for said daughter's father...and knowing he will enjoy it.
And we did...the three of us laid on the bed for an hour playing with this gunk. I love our bonding time...the time where it is Mother-Father-Child, no TV, no radio, no phone. No sound but our own conversation and our own laughter.


I love my family.

6. Having my own thoughts and my own mind to make up those thoughts. More importantly...I'm blessed to have the courage to share those, no matter who tries to knock me down. They are my thoughts. My ideas. My mind. My body. My life. My friends. And if you feel that they are not important enough or valid enough to think about, you're loss. I'm not sorry I shared them with you.

7. Mondays off of work!


8. My friends.
I know I can count on them. I don't have many, but I have enough to know that when I need somebody, someone will be there. And if no one is around? It's simply because it was time for me to be alone. I am confident in the process and I am confident in the solitude.

9. Love.
I felt loved today, from all directions. Dan the minute I woke up, Madelyn before I left, my coworkers, my customers, Kristin, my father, my mother, my stepfather, the people at Walmart....all around me was love. I've been told that "Love is the answer". I questioned it...but the more I look for the love, the more and more I see it. I see it all around me. I have hope in society and I have hope in myself.



10. Silence.
I'm surrounded in it at this very moment. I love this time. I know my love and my daughter are asleep just a short walk away. I can hear them take deep breaths. They are safe, and I am at peace. There is silence all around me and it is me...and this blog. I can hear myself think. I can sort those thoughts. I have been exceptionally happier since I have given myself this time. I need it, and I'm glad that I can appreciate it, and indulge in it without guilt. Silence is golden.






Love, Emily


P.S....I feel so happy about my life after writing this. So blessed, so lucky. You really should try this....it works.

(Write down 5, not 4, 3, 2, or 1...5 blessings everyday, no matter how crappy your life is. You have 5 automatically. You can see what you are writing, you have hands to type how you feel, you have ears to hear yourself type, you are blessed enough to have a computer or paper to write on, you are blessed to be able to appreciate your blessings for what they are worth.)

Goodnight everyone, thank you for reading!

No comments: