Monday, October 6, 2008

Blessed Tuesdays

"To live a pure unselfish life, one must count nothing as one's own in the midst of abundance."

- Buddha

1. A healthy daughter.
Madelyn had her (3 month overdue)
2 year well-baby today. I'm pleased to report that she is in the 97th percentile for both height and weight-the highest percentile she has ever been in!! Yay for Madelyn!

2. Awesome head massages.
I went with Kristin to get a haircut. The lady who did my hair gave me a wonderful head massage during my shampoo...ahhh....and my haircut looks super cute, too!

3. Hot soup when you have a cold.
Hot "Progress Pot Roast" soup when you have a cold...mmmm

4. Having the day off of work.
I spent the morning doing just about....nothing. We went to Madelyn's doctor appointment, wandered through the local craft store, enjoyed a tasty lunch at a sub and ice cream shop-enjoying both a sub AND ice cream, and then followed that up with a lovely nap on the couch. The day ended with some grocery shopping, a hair cut and now this: my time of silence. All around it was pleasant...I love my days off!

5. Silly emails from people, like my mother.
This is what I was sent, in hopes of brightening my Monday morning. I did get a nice giggle out of it! Thanks, Mom!

Tough Love vs. Spanking - Good Argument


Most people think it is improper to spank children, so I have tried other methods to control my kids when they have one of 'those moments.

One that I found effective is for me to just take the child for a car ride and talk.

Some say it's the vibration from the car, others say it's the time away from any distractions such as TV, Video Games, Computer, IPod, etc.

Either way, my kids usually calm down and stop misbehaving after our car ride together. Eye to eye contact helps a lot too.

I've included a photo below of one of my sessions with my son, in case you would like to use the technique.

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*


:-)


Love, Emily

No comments: