Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Cupcakes and Cleaning

...that about sums up my day today!
I had an excruciaaaaaaaaatingly long day at work. Man, I felt like time was going backwards. That'll happen when it's painfully slow and you're...painfully sick. I managed, and went on with my day. I cleaned all the dishes Dan and I were in a standoff over....I was determined to cook dinner and if I wanted that, then the dishes had to be done ASAP! So I just shut my mouth and washed them. Then I made some *amazing* tuna pasta salad, cooked a yummy dinner and best of all: made my family some cupcakes. Mmmmm.....

Blessing
s? Why certainly!

1. Reliving your childhood...
...with a Triple Chocolate Cake (with added in chocolate chips) with Triple Chocolate Fudge Chip icing....and non-pariels. Don't forget the chocolate soy milk to wash it down! Oh...and they have to be in foil liners. Yes, they do make a difference, and no, I don't know why or how exactly.

2. Talking with old high school friends...
...I love seeing what everyone has been up to!! I talked with a girl I was friends with but drifted away from really quickly after we left Oconomowoc. It was nice to catch up! She's married now!

3. Happy men...
...who tell you, "I looove my baby's tuna salad!" Hehehe, thank you Sweetheart, you made me want to cook for you all the time!!

4. A clean kitchen...
...with even cleaner dishes. Sweet satisfaction. Instead of food crusted dishes, my counter is filled with icing covered chocolate cupcakes. Yum.

5. Madelyn went to sleep without a fuss.
She's even in her own bed (by her choice), not in our bed with Dan! Wow, a perfectly stressless end to a very pleasant evening.
My Cupcakes

You know y
ou want some! Go ahead, make some!



What you need:
**1 box Betty Crocker "Triple Chocolate Fudge" cake mix, made according to the directions
(on sale at Pick N Save for a buck!!)
**1 can Betty Crocker "Triple Chocolate Fudge Chip" frosting (on sale as well!)
**Handful of semi-sweet chocolate chips
(Aldi's worked well for me!)
**Non-Pariels(...since Jimmy's are yucky!)
What to do:

**...Fill your 24 FOIL cups 2/3 the way full (mind you, foil cups don't need a muffin tin, just put them on a baking sheet-how easy is THAT?!?!?!) and sprinkle in some chocolate chips. I put around 8 in each cup. Push the chips into the batter with a knife. Bake around 19 minutes at 350*, until toothpick comes out with moist crumbs.
**Remove from over, let stand 5 minutes, remove onto cooling racks.
**Resist for an hour or so-I recommend taking a nice long shower to resist the temptation.
**Schmear on some of that super chocolately icing...the more the better, in my opinion. But leave a bit of room to grab the paper.
**Sprinkle with sprinkles

***....indulge in one, or seven. Yum.


As for dinner...we had "Butter-Onion Chicken", chicken-y noodle stuff, and some steamed broccoli. I looove butter chick
en!

(Quick instructions for )Butter Chicken-(for 4 med. B/S chicken breasts) Crush up 3/4 sleeve Ritz (HAS to be Ritz or Ritz off-brand) plus 1/2 cup, or so, French's french fried onions in a bag, plus your choice of seasonings(I use salt, pepper, "poulty seasoning", rosemary, "chicken seasoning", onion powder and garlic powder)....dip in egg, bread chicken and put in 9x13in. pan. Place chunks of butter (I know, I know, I can feel my arteries clogging and my cholesterol skyrocketing!) around the chicken pieces. Bake at 400* for 40 minutes. You the drill from there... It is alwa
ys sooo tasty!

The noodles are just egg noodles cooked in a can of cream of chicken, some chicken stock and some water. I enjoy it, and it's simple. No, I don't have a recipe. I wing it every time. I do add pepper and rosemary to it, though. I hope you get a chance to try something from these recipes. I'll post more as I cook them. Enjoy!!!

And a quote:
"The grand essentials of happiness are: something to do, something to love, and something to hope for."

- Allan K. Chalmers


She is my happiness: gives me things to do, gives me something to love, and she is my hope for the future. I looove you Madelyn!

Goodnight, guys!

Love, Emily

No comments: