Sunday, October 5, 2008

Crapday. Dammit.

Well, today was a melancholy crap-day. It rained, it was cold, it was slow at work, and people around me are hurting...



A best friend is going through crap, some other friends are going through crap...and people are giving me crap. Crap stinks. My day directly wasn't the worst, but I hate seeing others hurt, knowing I can't really help them.
I can't become male, I can't fix their problems, I can't make them realize that the gifts they are receiving should NEVER be just done away with...I can't heal all their pain, I can't make them feel magically better, I can't make others understand, but I surely can wish all of the above (except becoming male, you have got to be kidding me, I would never in a million years become male. Nope, never, ever!)
I never understand why some people do the things they do, however I still hope that whatever they choose, they find peace. Someone I know is going to do something that I consider to be unthinkable. How I can forget about it is beyond me, how they can just forget about it is even farther beyond me. I wish people would cherish what they have... Sometimes life deals you some shitty cards (maybe you should have protected your bases a bit better) but you need to make the best of it. There is always a solution, and the easy one isn't usually the best. Seriously.



The other day a beautiful women came into Kwik Trip, she was incredibly patient allowing customers to skip her in line. She smiled at me numerous times...she was so pretty! The store cleared out and she approached the front counter handing us a piece of paper. I glanced over at the new kid who was helping her to see a car with a "have you seen me" on it. I thought that someone stole her car or something similar had happened. She very quietly asked me if we had somewhere she could hang it up. I smiled and said, "of course" and pointed to the bulletin board in the back of the store. She smiled, again, and said thank you...and was very sincere about that gratitude. She quickly left, leaving a stack of 4 flyers...for her missing family member. Haroon Kahn. Last seen wearing a polo shirt and slippers. $25,000 reward for finding him. Driving a fancy Mitsubishi....I still can picture his face, I still remember the car....
...the poor man was found murdered.
I feel so bad, so, so, bad for the beautiful women who was in the store. Her heartache must be profound. I wish her peace, and a smile. I hope someone who crosses her path smiles at her and does something to bring her some hope in the world. I really, really hope that the women who I exchanged a handful of smiles with is doing okay. Ugh.



Well...I don't know. It's just one of those sorts of days. Blah...
I stood up to my mother at dinner over something I am passionate about. Dinnertime is NOT the place to discuss things like abortion, gay rights, lotus birthing, who should be president, or home birthing. I have learned that, as well as she, all by personal experience.
I think I have had just about enough of this blog.

No comments: